Importing industrial products from China is not a complicated task if you have the right information and experience. Moreover, there are many positive ways to do so, as well as competitive advantages, and production and cost reduction. Today we will explain the importation of industrial products from China and its logistics in a simple way.
Different types of industrial products can be imported or manufactured to meet a customer’s needs, as well as manufacturing guarantees, merchandise replacement, quality and performance tests, storage, packaging and shipping.
Types of industrial products from China
China has an infinite number of possibilities for importing industrial products. The range of products and industries is enormous, including; electronics, construction, textiles, packaging, and much more.
A list of examples of industrial products
Companies from all over Europe can benefit from the manufacture and/or importation of industrial products from China; a country renowned for its manufacturing capacity of industrial products of every kind. A wide range of industrial products can be imported from China.
Chinese industrial products
- Tools for all sectors and consumer
- Industrial parts and components
- Prototypes and designs of new products
- Industrial foundry products
- Electric tools
- Workshop machinery
- Industrial welding products
- Aspiration and household items
- Work benches
- Garden and outdoor furniture
- Storage and transportation
- Measuring tools
- Conformed sheet metal components (stamping, water cutting, cutting by laser, drawing, flame cutting, plasma cutting, die stamping progressive, folded sheet.
- Pipes and profiles
- Forging components (flanges, hot, cold, large)
- Machined components (EDM, milling, turning, drilling, metal bushings, threaded, …)
- Metal injection molding products and components
- Wire Shaping
- Refrigerated equipment and steelworks
- Pipe fittings
- Graphite electrodes
- Plastic parts (FOAM containers for food, folding boxes and pallets of plastic, PET preforms, blow models, injection models, plastic extrusion, rotational molding, thermoforming)
- Electronic and electricity components
- Mechanical and hardware components (screws and bolts, nuts, washers, threaded rods gas pistons, bearings and bearings, anti-vibration and silentblocks, gears, locks and hardware, seals and torics, shock absorbers)
- Industrial products and components of carbon steel and raw materials
- Stainless steel components and products
- Aluminum products
- Copper Products
- Molds, Matrices and Tools (injection, blowing, casting systems hot)
- Parts and products of rubber and metal
- Products for the control of animals and pests
- Components for road safety
- Gardening products
- Outdoor products
- Air conditioning, cooling and ventilation
- Textiles and clothing
- Packaging and cardboard
- Machinery of all kinds
Thanks to the importation of industrial products from China, companies can greatly benefit. Both simple and complex latest generational industrial products can be produced in the same factories in China and benefit from high quality controls carried out by our team.
Safety regulations and documentation necessary for the importation of industrial products to European Union countries.
When you want to manufacture or import a product from China to your country, it is imperative to know all the safety and quality regulations, the national regulations and all the documentation that is required for most industrial and/or customized products. Moreover, each country has its own individual regulations and parameters.
- CE mark on the product unit, its packaging and user manual
- Mechanical and electrical regulations as required for each type of product.
- Declarations of conformity and technical documentation. Design and drawings, materials, risk assessment.
- ISO regulations
Furthermore, it may be that some countries of the European Union also have specific regulations regarding certain types of products or machinery.
Spare parts and the guarantee of industrial products from China
When importing products from China, it is important to consider the parts the factory or supplier offers under guarantee. Therefore, when our team works on any project, it takes into account and reviews contractual information and warranty terms of any factory or supplier.
Often, spare parts can be free if the company that imports them takes responsibility for certain expenses.
It is very important to check the warranty terms before purchasing products to avoid disappointment and that is why it is highly recommended to have purchasing agents for industrial products in China with experience like ours. Being able to store spare parts is often a good strategy to avoid delivery charges and shipping costs for damaged parts or products to China.
Before placing an order, confirm the specific warranty terms established by the supplier.
In most cases, Chinese suppliers offer free spare parts if the importer is willing to bear the freight costs, which can be more expensive than buying locally.
Quality control of industrial products from China
When a customer wants to import or manufacture industrial products in China, it is vital to bear in mind that quality inspections are one of the most important steps. These must also be accompanied by the quality requirements for shipping. Carrying out exhaustive quality controls comparing Chinese products with products produced in the importing country is crucial for any company wanting to import. At S3 Group, our staff in China carry out quality controls for all our customers’ products.
Quality controls will not only offer the greatest guarantee of the final product but also avoid significant financial loss should it be necessary to return a product to the country of origin. This is the best case scenario providing the Chinese Custom Authorities allow the return of the products to the country.
If there is any kind of defect in a product or part of the production, it is vital to find a solution in a timely manner which means doing it directly from China with trusted personnel and agents like us.
Importing or manufacturing products in China, requires rigorous planning.
Identifying trusted suppliers or manufacturers must also be done on-site and at the start of any production project to ensure success. It is not simply enough to know the supplier but knowing if parts of its production are outsourced and identifying the whole process from beginning to end, is important.
Other important points to consider when importing industrial products from China
- Negotiation of services and deals in the Chinese language
- Reviewing documentation and contracts
- Controlling of international documentation
- Importation licenses
S3 Group as a partner specialized in manufacturing and importing industrial products from China
The name of a specialized company and sourcing agent is crucial in order for any company to import industrial products from China and make it a simple and reliable process.
We have been providing production and importation solutions from China to countries of the European Union and America for more than 15 years. We have a vast experience in all the processes of supply from Asian countries, from the selection of suppliers and product development, to quality controls, logistics and delivery of the final product. We offer a strategic consulting service for your production and your objectives.
For further information contact us by clicking here.